Graphics and Web Site Design Contractor
The Open Education Consortium (OEC) is seeking an independent contractor to work half time (20 hours/week) designing graphical elements and improving the online presence and identity of the OEC. This work includes look and feel of OEC websites (http://www.oeconsortium.org, https://www.openeducationweek.org, and https://conference.oeconsortium.org, https://www.cccoer.org and their sub-domains referred to as “the websites”) and technology support for the work of the OEC.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Firm understanding of changing technology, including software and tools for Web design
- Ability to manage projects, budget time and meet the necessary deadlines
- Ability to create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Knowledge of or familiarity with the open education landscape and willingness to learn
- Ability to present and defend designs and key deliverables and timeous processing of feedback
- Ability to establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Ability to write and modify HTML/CSS a plus
General areas of work include but are not limited to:
Improving websites design, including:
- “Look and Feel” aspects, including layout, presentation and appearance
- Maintenance and updating graphic and informational elements
- Work with technical and other staff to produce a smooth and intuitive user experience
- General improvements as needed
Graphics and design support for the OEC, including:
- Publishing templates for newsletters, conference proceedings, toolkits and other communications
- Design of logos, artwork and graphics to enhance the visual presentation of the OEC website
- Develop supporting materials such as slide templates, posters, web banners, etc.
- Insure a consistent image for the OEC
- Design promotional materials for OEC events and for events hosted by OEC members, such as posters, banners, slides, etc.
- Customize the presentation of associated outlets for OEC materials, such as Slideshare, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
OEC is a virtual organization. This is a remote position. Reliable Internet connection is essential.
Please submit a letter of interest, CV or resume along with contact information for three professional references, and a link to samples of your work to email@example.com. The Open Education Consortium is committed to promoting geographical distribution, gender equality and diversity within the organization, and we welcome applications from all who meet the requirements. Position open until filled, with review of applications starting on July 11, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience (expected salary range for half time role = $20 to 30 thousand/year) Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.