KIRAN PAWAR, Freelance MOOC Inspirer
- Visiting Faculty MGM'S INSTITUTE OF BIOSCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY, AURANGABAD, MS, INDIA.
- Native/near native level proficiency
Areas of expertise
- Open Education - General
Oversight of open education at an institution
Awareness raising and outreach
- Open Educational Resources
OER and lifelong learning
- Open Access
Open Access publishing
Implementation of open access practices
Using MOOCs in formal education programs
- Expertise in a particular discipline
My research interests are in the areas of agriculture, environment and education from the point of view of its potential for social justice and sustainability of nature. I am actively involved in the use of technology in the education (e-learning). I currently work with NPTEL as SPOC an initiative by IIT and IISC.
I am also an active contributor to curriculum development, research and teaching in the areas of plant biotechnology and plant breeding.
- Geographic regions of professional expertise