Embarking on an Open Educational Resources (OER) initiative is a large task and entails work to ensure that it is faculty-driven, administrator supported, and has the resources necessary to enable success. One critical element needed is a sound professional development plan to promote awareness of and adoption of OER. Research with higher education faculty has consistently indicated that professional development for finding and successfully adopting open educational resources is both desired and necessary to undertake this transformation.
When: Wed, Dec 7 , 10amPST/1pmEST
This webinar will provide viewers with an opportunity to learn about successful faculty development efforts to promote OER adoptions from an individual college perspective to a large community college district and a multi-college consortium. Speakers will share different approaches and resources developed to ensure success.
- Cheryl Huff: English & Humanities faculty, Germanna College, chair of OER Degree project for the Virginia Community College System.
- Lisa Young, faculty director of the Center for Teaching & Learning at Scottsdale Community College, co-chair of the Maricopa Millions OER project.
Participant Login Information:
No pre-registration is necessary. Please use the link below on the day of the webinar to login and listen.
If you need dial-in access, you may use the following number: 1-888-886-3951 (passcode: 690205)
- FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE:
- CCC Confer Client Services – Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Telephone: 760-744-1150 ext 1537, 1554 or 1542
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Una T. Daly, Director of Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources, email: email@example.com