The last big event for me in 2018 was the Open Education Leadership Summit. Learn more about the Summit in my Summit update. A summary report of the entire event including participants, panels, and roadmaps will be published in February 2019.
Below are links to the Roadmap Videos and two examples developed at the Summit, a personal roadmap and a collaborative roadmap.
Video 1: What is an open education roadmap?
Example roadmaps produced at event:
Thanks to Richard Sebastian of Achieving the Dream for his artistic renderings of these roadmaps.
Participants joined together to create Collaborative Roadmaps for the following areas of shared interest:
- MOOCs – Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s)
- Open Education Practices & Pedagogy
- Nursing OER
- Open Recognition & Badging
- Use of OER in Rural Locations & Global South
- Open Education Implementation & Culture Change
- Research on Open Education
- Open Education Policy & Advocacy
- Open Assessments
- OER Coaching
- Multilingual OER and OER for Language Acquisition
Special thanks to the great team of facilitators who helped with the roadmap activity and our event partners the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE), the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI) of France, and the Ministry of National Education and Youth (MENJ) of France.