- Add to the Year of Open calendar of events by submitting Open events here: https://goo.gl/forms/xXrTmVIgG
- Use promotional materials. The more people see the Year of Open logo, the more they will want to find out what it’s about.
- Get the word out about open. Write blog posts, op-eds, articles; make videos; hold discussions with new audiences. Let everyone know you support open by using the #yearofopen hashtag.
- Help us improve the Year of Open website. The website is designed to give high-level overviews of different aspects of open, and then get them to expert organizations for more information. See an area of open that’s missing? Contact me to volunteer to create content.
- Become a partner in the Year of Open. If your organization would like to be a partner by actively committing to participate and contribute to the Year of Open, contact me.
- Participate in Open Education Week – let’s make this the biggest and best one yet. Open Education Week is one of the key activities for open education globally, with online and locally hosted events around the world. Get ideas on the website, and let us know what you’re doing so it will appear on the Open Education Week events calendar.
Did you miss the latest news? Find January 2017 Open Education News here: http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=1a209e9010b861e3abfd5c609&id=f28a9357d8
NEWTON, Mass. – Jan. 17, 2017 – PRLog — The Open Education Consortium (OEC) announces the launch of the Year of Open to celebrate the positive impacts that open practices have brought to education, government, research and business. In education, the Year of Open marks significant milestones for the Open Education Movement worldwide, including: 15 […]
NEWTON, Mass. – Jan. 9, 2017 – PRLog — Homeschool Base named Open Education Consortium (OEC) as one of the Top 10 Open Course Education Websites of 2017. The award is recommended by teachers, home educators, and homeschool parents through various channels. The award recipients receive the Homeschool Base Purple Stamp of Approval that honors […]
The Open Education Consortium (OEC) is actively recruiting nominations for members of its Board of Directors. We seek passionate educational leaders of high integrity who are committed to improving education worldwide through open educational practices. We welcome nominations from administrators, faculty, Presidents and Directors of educational institutions or other organizations that support the OEC’s mission […]