Open Education Week 9-13 March 2015
Call for participation
Open Education Week is a celebration of the global Open Education Movement. Its purpose is to raise awareness about open education and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide. Open education encompasses resources, tools and practices that employ a framework of open sharing to improve educational access and effectiveness. Participation in all events and use of all resources are free and open to everyone.
The Open Education Week Organizing Committee invites your contributions to and participation in the annual Open Education Week, featuring online and in-person events around the world.
There are many ways to contribute:
- Submit a how-to video, inspirational talk, showcase of your open education project, or message about the impact of open education for your students or institution
- Send links to resources that you find particularly helpful
- Host an in-person event in your community or on your campus
- Run a workshop on open education (a workshop toolkit will be available to support you)
- Offer a webinar
- Coordinate with other organizations focused on open to broaden the scope of awareness raising
- Hold a discussion on an aspect of open education on the website’s discussion forum
- Promote open education week to your communities, on your website and through social media using #openeducationwk
- Link your blog postings to the open education week website
Web banners, posters, slide templates and other promotional materials are available on the Open Education Week Website www.openeducationweek.org. Open Education Week is coordinated by the Open Education Consortium.
The full call for participation and link to the submission form can be found at http://www.oeconsortium.org/
We look forward to your participation! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, suggestions or feedback