The Open Education Consortium and Athabasca University, organizers of the Open Education Global Conference 2015, invite proposals for conference sessions. The Open Education Consortium is a worldwide community of universities and organizations committed to advancing positive developments through open education. Athabasca University is a leading Canadian online university with a focus on the future of education.
The conference will take place in the town of Banff, located in the world renowned Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada from 22-24 April 2015. For more information on location and logistics, please visit the conference website at http://conference.oeconsortium.org.
The theme of the Open Education Global Conference 2015 is Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The conference will feature five tracks:
- Pedagogy and Design: Highlights the design and delivery of open educational resources, use of OER, Open Access journals and open data, open MOOCs, learning science, instructional design, remixing resources and teacher training.
- Innovation: Presents new and exciting developments in open education, big data and its use in education, new lenses for considering open education, educational trends, new technologies that enable learning, assessment and accreditation in open education.
- Evidence of Impact: Discusses research on all aspects of open education, including learner success, usage data, indicators of awareness, effectiveness of open policies, workforce development, and economic considerations.
- Strategy: Includes policy development and considerations, working with policy makers at institutional, governmental and intergovernmental levels, developing an institutional strategy, business models, cooperative efforts and funding.
- Implementation: Showcases successful open educational practices and projects from around the world, putting policy into practice, developing collaborative networks on and off campus.
For more information and instructions on how to submit a proposal, please visit: http://conference.oeconsortium.org/2015/
Deadline for Submissions: 30 November 2014