The OpenCourseWare Consortium seeks to recruit a Community College Outreach Manager for a full time, two-year contract. The Outreach Manager will play a key role in helping the Consortium realize its goal of increasing the participation of community colleges in the open education movement. The Outreach Manager will work as part of a small multi-cultural and international team to promote increased access to and improvements in post-secondary education through the use, production and adaptation of OpenCourseWare and open educational resources. The Outreach Manager will also work closely with the Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources Advisory Board, comprised of thought leaders from community colleges throughout the US. The position will be based in the United States, with duties conducted primarily online. Exact location is flexible and negotiable.
Key responsibilities include:
• Serve as the primary liaison between the OCW Consortium and community and technical colleges (primarily in the US); develop and implement an effective outreach program;
• Increase the participation of community and technical colleges in the OpenCourseWare and open educational resources movement, including increased membership in the Consortium;
• Develop and support a network of community college faculty and administrators;
• Conduct needs assessments and develop tools to support identified needs;
• Highlight the impact of open education on teaching and learning in community colleges through presentations, written materials and elements on the website;
• Investigate and promote the compatibility and integration of open educational resources (OER) into curricula and programs;
• Support universal design and accessibility in OER;
• Develop and conduct on line and face-to-face training for community college faculty on using and producing OpenCourseWare;
• Advise OCW Consortium staff and members on issues important to community and technical colleges;
• Maintain a working knowledge of issues and concepts related to open knowledge sharing and publication, including intellectual property issues and open licensing concepts.
• Proven record of success working with community colleges and understanding of the range of students served;
• Ability to manage communications and administrative processes at a distance and on-line;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English; additional language skills desirable;
• Self-starter with success in developing and executing outreach plans;
• Ability to work at a distance with little direct supervision;
• Comfortable with technology and a variety of software, including business applications, social networking tools and other Web 2.0 applications;
• Ability to be an effective and contributing part of a multi-cultural team;
• Professional experience in education, such as in teaching, curriculum development, educational technology or library sciences, or equivalent private sector training;
• BA/BS degree or equivalent, MA/MS preferred;
• Experience with distance and/or open education highly desirable;
• Previous experience developing and motivating professional or educational networks highly desirable;
• Reliable high-speed internet access is essential.
The Community College Outreach Manager position will be conducted primarily via the internet, allowing great flexibility for location within the US. Given the virtual nature of the position, reliable internet and communications infrastructure is essential for the performance of regular duties, as is a strong work ethic and the ability to solve problems without a lot of direct supervision. This full-time position will require some flexibility in working hours to respond to people in different time zones and to participate in working groups and meetings. Some travel for conferences and meetings is required. This is a two-year, year round position with benefits.
Please submit a letter of application along with a full résumé or curriculum vitae, including contact information for three (3) professional references, to: email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.