March 21, 2016 – The Open Education Consortium announces the 2016 winners of Site, Course & Project Awards for Open Education Excellence.
The Open Education Awards Committee, populated by educators and open education advocates from around the world, reviews and selects winners. Sites, Courses and Projects are produced in a variety of languages and developed by institutions and organizations committed to increasing access to high quality education for everyone.
The Open Education Consortium is pleased to recognize these institutions and organizations as well as the sites, courses and projects they have contributed to free and open education.
Congratulations to the following 2016 Open Education Awards for Excellence WINNERS:
- Netease Online Open Courses / NetEase
- Open Washington / SBCTC
- TEMOA / Tecnológico de Monterrey
- METU OCW / Middle East Technical University
- La gran divergencia: la no-Europa antes de 1800 / UNED / Rafael Barquín Gil
- Fitness for Life / Mountain Height Academy / Sarah Weston
- Workshop on Projects / Universidad de Cantabria / Cesar Otero, Cristina Manchado y Valentín Gómez-Jáuregui
- Rethinking Teaching; Redesigning Learning / Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia / Prof. Dr. Mohamed Amin Embi
- Learning to (Re)Use Open Educational Resources / The Open University / ExplOERer project, Department of Languages
- Pre-University Calculus / Delft University of Technology / Bart van den Dries and team
- TESS-India / TESS-India – The Open University
- BC Open Textbook Accessibility Toolkit / BCcampus, CAPER-BC & Camosun College
- Central Repository of Greek Open Courses / Greek Academic Network
- Badged Open Courses / The Open University
About the Open Education Awards for Excellence
The Open Education Awards for Excellence provide annual recognition to outstanding contributions in the Open Education Consortium community. These awards recognize distinctive open education sites, technological innovations, notable open courses, and exemplary leaders in Open Education worldwide. The awards are announced each year at the Open Education Global Conference.
About the Open Education Consortium
The Open Education Consortium is a worldwide community of hundreds of higher education institutions and associated organizations committed to advancing open education and its impact on global education. We envision a world where everyone, everywhere has access to the education they need to build their futures. We seek to instill openness as a feature of education around the world, allowing greatly expanded access to education while providing a shared body of knowledge upon which innovative and effective approaches to today’s social problems can be built. The Open Education Consortium realizes change by leveraging its sources of expert opinion, its global network and its position as the principal voice of open education.
Activities of the Open Education Consortium are supported by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, member dues, and contributions from sustaining members including: African Virtual University, Fundação Getulio Vargas – FGV Online, Japan OCW Consortium, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Korea OCW Consortium, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, NetEase Open Courses, Open University Netherlands, Taiwan Open Course Consortium, Tecnológico de Monterrey, TU Delft, Tufts University, UNIVERSIA, Universidad Politécnica Madrid, University of California, Irvine, University of Michigan.