March 23, 2015 – The Open Education Consortium announces the 2015 winners of Site, Course & Project Awards for Open Education Excellence.
The Open Education Awards Committee, populated by educators and open education advocates from around the world, reviews and selects winners. Sites, Courses and Projects are produced in a variety of languages and developed by institutions and organizations committed to increasing access to high quality education for everyone.
The Open Education Consortium is pleased to recognize these institutions and organizations as well as the sites, courses and projects they have contributed to free and open education.
Here is the list of 2015 Open Education Awards for Excellence WINNERS!
1) OUTSTANDING SITES
- OC@KU Open College at Kaplan University
- Mountain Heights Academy OpenCourseWare Mountain Heights Academy
- HCC Libraries Houston Community College
2) OUTSTANDING COURSES
- The Human Controller TU Delft / David Abbink
- Music Theory Mountain Heights Academy
- Matemáticas. Grado en Ciencia y Tecnología de los alimentos Universidad de Zaragoza
3) OPEN MOOC
- Delft Design Approach TU Delft / Jaap Daalhuizen
- Solving Complex Problems TU Delft / Alexander de Haan
- Mobiles for Development Commonwealth of Learning (COL) / Asha Kanwar
4) CREATIVE INNOVATION
- BCcampus OpenEd BCcampus / Mary Burgess
- Open Chemistry University of California, Irvine / James Nowick
- CYP-Media The Open University (UK) / Tony Coughlan
5) OPEN RESEARCH
- Qualitative Investigation of Faculty OER Usage Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges / Boyoung Chae & Mark Jenkins
- The Open University (UK) Patrina Law / Leigh-Anne Perryman
About the Open Education Awards for Excellence
The Open Education Awards for Excellence provide annual recognition to outstanding contributions in the Open Education Consortium community. These awards recognize distinctive open education sites, technological innovations, notable open courses, and exemplary leaders in Open Education worldwide. The awards are announced each year at the Open Education Global Conference.
About the Open Education Consortium
The Open Education Consortium is a worldwide community of hundreds of higher education institutions and associated organizations committed to advancing open education and its impact on global education. We envision a world where everyone, everywhere has access to the education they need to build their futures. We seek to instill openness as a feature of education around the world, allowing greatly expanded access to education while providing a shared body of knowledge upon which innovative and effective approaches to today’s social problems can be built. The Open Education Consortium realizes change by leveraging its sources of expert opinion, its global network and its position as the principal voice of open education. Activities of the Open Education Consortium are supported by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, member dues, and contributions from sustaining members including: African Virtual University, Fundação Getulio Vargas – FGV Online, Japan OCW Consortium, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Korea OCW Consortium, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, NetEase (Hangzhou) Network Co., Ltd, Open University Netherlands, Taiwan OpenCourseWare Consortium, Tecnológico de Monterrey, TU Delft, Tufts University, UNIVERSIA, Universidad Politécnica Madrid, University of California, Irvine, University of Michigan.
Posted by: Marcela Morales. Community Relations Manager & OE Awards Committee Chair firstname.lastname@example.org